Tuesday 25 March 2014

Bon Voyage

We finally set sail today - one week in! I'm not sure if I should really say "set sail", because our boat isn't a sail boat. It definitely has a motor, so I guess I could technically say we are"yachting"... although after seeing several mega yachts in the marina, I certainly feel weird referring to our boat as a yacht! (More pictures of our boat and others to come!) Apparently our boat is a trawler, but I'm not even sure what that means!

We originally were supposed to leave around 10 or 11 this morning, but didn't head out until around 12:30. I was happy about that because the kids were done with school work and we had wrapped up lunch, so I could be a part of the process and chill on the top deck during the journey! It took about 2 and 1/2 hours for us to get from Rodney Bay in the north to Soufriere in the south (see the map below if you happen to want to know my exact whereabouts). I surprised it took that long, even though I didn't really know what to expect. It was so relaxing!  I had a hard time staying awake - I felt like I was being lulled to sleep by the movement of the boat! Ha ha. I bet I sleep really well on this little bunk of mine the next few months! I felt like I was just on a cruise excursion today, but this is my life! So amazing!

Below is a view of  our approach to the Pitons from the boat! As I've mentioned, I was here at the beginning of last April. We did a cruise excursion that included a trip to Sulfur Springs (a natural mud bath/hot pot place that is a popular tourist destination) and a catamaran ride through the Pitons. It was the one excursion I really wanted to do and it was really fun! I was really excited to get to see the Pitons again and stoked to find we'd be anchoring in between them for the night!


{The Pitons - so beautiful!}
{La Soufriere Drive-In Volcano - skin so smooth! So soft!}

It took quite awhile for us to find a spot to drop the anchor. Apparently we made a reservation, but had to wait for a spot to become available. (There are surely more technical terms for all of this, but I'm still learning! I didn't exactly know what was going on and was playing Uno with the kids for a portion of the time!) The kids had been dying to go to the beach all week, so afterwards around 4:30 we all threw our swimsuits on super quick and hopped in the tender to head to the beach! 



So... I'm not afraid to say that I watch The Bachelor. I have occasionally go on hiatus from the ridiculousness of that show, but I did happen to watch this season! (Stupid Juan Puablo!) Ha ha. Anyways, the season finale was filmed here in St. Lucia! And it just so happens that it was filmed at Vicery Resort on Sandy Beach - which is the beach we decided to play at! So random, right?! I was pretty excited about it, which is sort of embarrassing, but I can't lie! I didn't really recognize anything, but I'm pretty sure I've blocked that episode from my memory...



Anywho, it was a pretty fantastic day! Minus the part where Benji threw up and a drop or so got on my hand and foot. Luckily he's so darn cute I didn't mind too much! I'm just hoping I don't catch whatever he and Matthew have had - although I have been feeling a bit under the weather lately! Cross your fingers for me! 

That's all for now! 

XOXO

{Jenn and I with the full crew - crazy kiddos!}




No comments:

Post a Comment